Monday, June 23, 2008

Thank Heavens for Little Goals



Get the Maurice Chevalier reference? Anyway, I've been making progress on long-term projects by setting little goals:
  1. Basketweave Dress: 4 rows/day (more is fine)
  2. Girl Scout Vest: 4 patches/day
  3. Fiction: read 10 pages/day (more is fine)
  4. Exercise: 30 minutes/day (more is fine)
  5. Bible: read a day's worth from the Victory Bible Reading Plan every day.
  6. One housewifely chore a day. (more is fine, but puh-leeze!)
  7. Binding Oriental Quilt: 1'/day (I made that up just now; we'll see how it works out.)

See! The basketweave dress is moving right along!

And I have amnesty. I refuse to chastise myself for forgetting or not getting around to it. That may work for some people, but I've never been a fan of negative reinforcement.

There should be a cross-stitch goal, but it can wait until the vest is done. Only one or two more days on that.

Progress so far on the vest Patches left to sew on

No comments: