I went from this:
To this! (Notice the leftovers from Cowboy Christmas!)I scheduled Pouch Day about a month ago. I've been wanting to make more pouches, but I knew that it wouldn't just magically happen. So I put it on the calendar. Then I got sick. But the slime monster has been tamed. Sort of.
- Don't trim the zippers. That extra fabric is there for a reason. (D'oh!)
- While a pouch opening must conform to the zipper, the length of the pouch is only limited by good sense. Or not.
- Vary the sizes.
- Pins are pointy.
- So are needles.
- If you put it on the calendar, it's much more likely to happen.
- There are lots of tutorials online. I used this one: twelve22.
- Don't buy metal zippers. 'Nuff said.
The lining for this was from Leapfrog--which I never posted a picture of but it was cute. Trust me.Three of 'em were leftovers from Kiwi Twist--the quilt fabric I purchased in New Zealand. It's all used up now--yay!I love the Maori designs...
Stashbuster Alert! Total fabric used is 64" (measured by width of fabric)
And the Albino Bat is nearing completion. I didn't guess how long the strap had to be. Or how big my head was. Say nothing.