Get the Maurice Chevalier reference? Anyway, I've been making progress on long-term projects by setting little goals:
- Basketweave Dress: 4 rows/day (more is fine)
- Girl Scout Vest: 4 patches/day
- Fiction: read 10 pages/day (more is fine)
- Exercise: 30 minutes/day (more is fine)
- Bible: read a day's worth from the Victory Bible Reading Plan every day.
- One housewifely chore a day. (more is fine, but puh-leeze!)
- Binding Oriental Quilt: 1'/day (I made that up just now; we'll see how it works out.)
See! The basketweave dress is moving right along!
And I have amnesty. I refuse to chastise myself for forgetting or not getting around to it. That may work for some people, but I've never been a fan of negative reinforcement.
There should be a cross-stitch goal, but it can wait until the vest is done. Only one or two more days on that.