As you can see, SunShower is just about done.
What is left for Sunshower?
- 2 sides with corner pieces attached. (Oh, and I have to find the corner pieces!) Somebody abandoned some 4-triangles-make-a-square units in the scrap bin at church. Yay for me!
- Choose materials for the back. (That may mean piecing together scraps for the cross.)
- To Cathy, who finishes most of my prayer quilts with a bee-yoo-tee-full cross back!To Therese to quilt it and birth it.
- To any of several angels who put the ties in... so glad I don't have to do that!
- The hand-colored label gets sewn on the back.
- We pray over it and send it off to the recipient.
This quilt was started yesterday. I know it's a little hard to see yet, but it will be cool, I promise! I set four blocks on top of the inspiration fabric, which will appear in a few blocks and as the border. The pattern is called Stitched Scraps and goes together really fast. (I LOVE making scrap quilts!)
It's a prayer quilt for a guy with inoperable liver cancer. Say a little prayer for Vince, will ya? Here's a link for our prayer quilt ministry. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find it.