Well, I seem to be settling into 2009 just fine. And learning from past mistakes. If you've been reading my blog for a month or more, you may recall that I had to repin and iron a quilt (Cielo) because I pinned it and stored it before getting around to quilting it, making cause for quite a bit of whining. Well, yesterday I took my quilt to my quilt therapy group and pinned it. Then I took it home--carefully!--and laid it out so it would be ready to go. And it worked out just fine. Yay.
On the way home, I picked up the thread I wanted to use for quilting. I like it. Of course, chartreuse is a little wild, but come on, it's me we're talking about...
Next thing: I know that if I quilt this thing and then have to make up the binding, I will most like have a ginormous (that's a word now!) break between quilting and binding because I'll run out of steam, so I made up a roll o' binding, using the continuous binding technique, and put it away. That way, as soon as I finish quilting my Polka Dot Garden, I can just keep right on truckin'.
I needed some actual handwork today, so I pulled out what I've been calling "Baby Boy on Moon." Turns out the actual name is "Crescent Dreams." Now I wonder why I never finished it. It's not very complex. And the colors are pretty. I sewed on it while I watched the Chargers game with the Man of the Place. They won! Go Bolts!
#MachineQuiltingBlogHop Week 9 - Migration
3 hours ago